It is rewarding to take a social and ethical responsibility
We make a continuous effort to reduce the negative impacts on our internal as well as on our external environment. We only use recycled paper, and we take responsibility for our emissions. In our production, we only make use of environmentally approved. We are convinced that our concern for the external environment as well as our focus on staff development, human rights, health and safety and other aspects of social responsibility affect our business in a positive direction. Skjern Papirfabrik is environmentally approved under DS/EN ISO 14001.
Since 1994 Skjern Papirfabrik has established principles and guidelines for the mill’s environmental work. During the years Skjern Papirfabrik have made huge investments in optimization of the energy usage, waste water treatment as well as production of district heating.
This is in compliance with our Environmental policy:
In accordance with business and management objectives and approach Skjern Papirfabrik A/S will strive to minimise the strain on the surrounding environment as much as possible. This is achieved by using raw materials and energy in the best possible way, and by reducing emissions produced from the mill’s processes.,
Skjern Papirfabrik A/S wants to reduce environmental strain by:
• Open communication about the environmental impacts related to the company’s processes and products
• Making sure that employees act in an environmentally responsibleway, and comply with internal and external rules
• Positive cooperation with supervisory authorities
• Encouraging our suppliers to provide environmentally friendly raw materials, products and services
• Complying with relevant legislation and other requirements that the company has endorsed
• Ongoing environmental improvements, regardless of the fact that the regulatory requirements have already been met
• Environmental assessment of new projects
• Encouraging employees to participate in preventive environmental work
• Making sure that external craftsmen and contractors are aware of and comply with the company’s environmental directions
• Ensuring that the buyers of the company’s products are informed of environmental considerations in connection with the manufacture, use and disposal of the company’s products.